Foil Printing File Requirements
Keep in mind the following file requirements below as you create a design using our downloadable templates:
- The font size should be a minimum of 7 or 8 points. Avoid printing small text or fine lines in foil.
- Border and stroke must be more than 1.5 points.
- Images and artwork should be at least 300 DPI.
- All files should be in CMYK color mode.
How to Add Spot UV Elements to Your Artwork
You can also print artwork with both foil and spot UV elements.
This requires a third file that shows the spot UV areas, which you can create through the following steps:
- Apply a 100% K to the areas with spot UV printing.
- Make sure the spot UV file has the exact same size as the CMYK and foil printing files.
- On the CMYK file, add a 1/16” gap between the spot UV and foil areas.